Monday, September 20, 2010

A happy birthday

First and foremost, a happy birthday to Mar! Mar, I hope you had an excellent birthday.

Second of all, today marks exactly one year since my grandmother suffered her heart attack. Since then, my obaachan had her own highs and lows. In the duration of the 2010 summer, my family easily read her fears, anxiety and depression on her face and in her expressions and mannerisms. But, inside, I know there is a youthful obaachan--one not bound by the limitations set by her own mind. I want to see it again.

And beyond that, I was supremely humbled by sensei's encouragement. Today, coincidentally on my obaachan's anniversary of her heart attack, sensei sent me two messages for gifts I gave back in April, while I was in Japan. The mystic law works in marvelous ways!

He wrote to me, on presenting my journal to him:

"Thank you very much!  Please accept my warmest regards."

And on presenting an area flag to him, he responded:

"Thank you very much. I have seen your flag. Please convey my warmest regards to everyone."

There could not have been a better time to receive this from sensei! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. david! you started writing :) congratulations on the messages! so amazing! i hope your obaachan is doing well, she is such a strong person. and thank you so much for wishing me a happy birthday. i feel so special for receiving a personal shout out in your blog!

    ReplyDelete