Tuesday, January 11, 2011

reflection on my last post

Am I willing to be lonely if that is my mission of the moment?

Am I willing to sacrifice the comfort of keeping in touch with a group of friends for the sake of one other person's well being?

Am I the one who commits to a decision? If I make a vow, can I live up to it? Can I return quickly if I sway from it?

Why do I continue when I don't know where I'm going?

Why do I do things others ask of me, even if I am on the last threads of patience, effort, energy and compassion?

Do I confuse stress with apathy? When I'm overstressed, do I become apathetic?

Each of these questions, and more are emerging from my writing in my journal. Had I not experienced my grandmother's passing, I would not know the answers to these questions. If I experienced this later, though I may find the same answers, the experiences in between would have been totally different. For that, I've learned much about life. Thank you again, obaachan!

No comments:

Post a Comment